Switzerland CERN Short Term Internship is offering internships in Geneva. If you want to join the internship, you must have a bachelor’s degree in admin-related fields or technical. Spend a few months of training and make your Resume perfect with the experience.
With the largest and most complex scientific instruments globally, they study fundamental particles with high speeds. In addition to providing insights into particles’ interactions, this process also gives physicists clues about the principles of nature.
The mission and vision’s main part of CERN is the diversity to add value in the life of others. Education is a key mission of CERN. Students who are passionate to their chosen field can benefit from their knowledge and expertise.
There are only a few places available in the CERN practical training program during 2020, based on a specific field of study and lasting 1 to 6 months.
You should know the following information:
- The minimum internship duration is one month, maximum internship duration is six months.
- The most important thing you must have is full insurance of work, medical expenses, and other things.
- Further, the applicant must be financially strong as geneva is a pricey city. So, you have to manage your funds.
Information on additional services
- The application period for the 2020 vacancy closes on Oct. 31, 2020. A panel of experts from CERN will review your application and act as supervisors to selected students.
- There are very short vacant places for the internship program.
- Once you are selected, a program coordinator will be in touch with you. An email will be sent to you if your application is not accepted.
- In the case of traineeship agreements, as an international organization, CERN cannot sign external documents.
It takes place in Switzerland.
CERN Short Term Internship Advantages
- The amount of your allowance per month is 1,516 Swiss Francs.
- The technical or administrative background will be consider, it will result in your better impression of the institute.
- Professionals with expertise in their fields are eager to share their knowledge with students committed to their area.
Criteria for eligibility
For the program consideration, you need to meet the following requirements:
- A full-time student at an undergraduate level (post-secondary) and an older adult must meet this requirement.
- This program is not open to candidates currently studying for a Ph.D.
- Among the following are your main areas of study:
- Applied physics
- A mechanical or civil engineering degree
- Materials science
- Radiation protection
- Safety and environment protection
- Science and technology communication via vacuum technology
- There may be an opportunity to work in administrative fields like translation, advanced secretarial service, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, and logistics.
- A mandatory or recommended component of your studies must be work at CERN.
- A return to your educational institution will follow your stay at CERN.
- French or English is your native language.
Every region is eligible.
- Visit the given link to apply online.
- The only thing you need is a great CV!
- Your availability can be indicated throughout the year along with your application. CERN experts will review your application if you are successful, and the program coordinator will contact you. It is important to note that there is limited capacity for this program.
- It would be best if you had your CV ready before beginning your application. Applicants cannot make changes to their applications once they have been submitted.