- 1 MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022:
- 1.1 Host Country:
- 1.2 Offered By:
- 1.3 Degree Level:
- 1.4 Duration of the MEXT Scholarship 2022:
- 1.5 Fields of Study:
- 1.6 Scholarship Value of MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022:
- 1.7 Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022:
- 1.8 Required Documents: Students must have completed 12 years of schooling in their home country.
- 2 How to Apply for MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022?
Students have a great chance of receiving the MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship, 2021-2022. The selected students will receive MEXT scholarships from top universities in Japan under the Japanese Government’s scholarship program. It is a fully-funded Scholarship Program.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan offers many scholarships each year. It is a great opportunity for students to study and experience the natural beauty and rich culture of Japan.
There is no application fee for the Japanese MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship. For this scholarship, applicants do not have to take IELTS or TOEFL. Scholarships are available in almost all academic fields offered by universities in Japan.
The MEXT program is fully funded by the Japanese government. MEXT will cover all costs. Interested applicants must contact the Embassy of Japan in their respective countries to apply for the said international scholarship.
MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022:
- MEXT Japan (The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology) offers the scholarship
- Undergraduate Degree Program
Duration of the MEXT Scholarship 2022:
- 4-5 Years (approximately)
Fields of Study:
Candidates for undergraduate programs must select a field of study and major from the following list. Also, students can enter their top three choices.
Social Sciences and Humanities – A:
- Japanese Language
Social Sciences and Humanities – B:
- Business Administration
Natural Sciences – A:
- Mechanical Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture
- Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Electric and Electronic Studies
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Engineering)
- Chemical Studies
- Applied Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Chemistry
- Textile Engineering
- Other Fields
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Maritime Engineering
Natural Science – B:
- Agricultural Studies
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Animal Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Agricultural Engineering
- Food Science
- Hygienic Studies
Natural Science – C:
- Medicine, Dentistry
Scholarship Value of MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022:
The MEXT Bachelor’s scholarship will be covering all the expenses mentioned below:
- Education Fees
- Entrance Examination
- Full Tuition Fees
- 117,000 yen per month
- 2000 yen or 3000 yen/per month – supplemental regional allowance
- Covered Traveling Expenses
- Local transportation
- Flight from Home Country to Japan
- Flight from Japan to Home Country
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022:
- Applicants must be a citizen of their respective country
- Applicant must be born on or after April 2, 1997
- Applicant must be medical fit
- Japanese Language:
- Applicants must be interested in learning Japanese.
- Academic Background:
- Applicants must have complete 12 years of schooling in their home country.
Required Documents: Students must have completed 12 years of schooling in their home country.
The following documents are required for the MEXT Bachelor’s Scholarship.
- MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship Application Form – Download Here
- Mark Sheet Form – Download Here
- Transcript or mark sheet of the Secondary School and Higher Secondary School
- Certificates of the SSC and HSSC
- Recommendation Letter
- Medical Certificate
- Certificate of Enrollment (Only for students currently enrolled at a university in their home country)
- Hope certificate issued by the Institute (for students whose final results are expected in August 2021)
Download the Scholarship Application Guidelines for more information.
Download MEXT Scholarship Past Papers samples for preparation of the test.
- You will not receive a refund for the documents you submit
- You should print your application on A4 size paper and unstaple it
- Certificates and documents other than those mentioned above will not be accepted.
- As a general rule, applicants are willing to pursue their academic studies in Japanese in Japan
How to Apply for MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022?
Send the above-mentioned documents to the following addresses:
For Test & Interviews in the program’s approved city near you (If Shortlisted)
Please write this outside the envelope carrying your application:
MEXT UG Scholarship Application
Public Affairs Section
Embassy of Japan
- The application deadline for MEXT Undergraduate Scholarships is May 28, 2021.