Fulbright National Geographic Storytelling Fellowship is the most wonderful program that opens for applications. Individuals with a talent and interest in storytelling are encouraged to apply for the Fulbright-National Geographic Fellowship.
Fulbright-National Geographic Storytelling Fellowship is a critical part of the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, which assists in providing career opportunities to selected Fulbright U.S. Students. One more interesting thing is that the fellowship program offers a study grant to scholars to get involved in storytelling around the globe. The national geographic society has introduced the fellowship.
When it comes to the competition of the session 2022-23, the fellowship program will get proposals from the applicants with deep research and analysis of a specific topic. The main areas of the society are oceans, human history, cultures, wildlife, and land.
To share their stories, storytellers may use a number of storytelling tools, such as writing, photography, video, audio/podcasts, charts, or graphic illustrations.
National Geographic Society illuminates and protects the wonders of our planet through science, discovery, education, and storytelling. It is open to those with a passion for storytelling and a talent for it. There are some projects that are specific to science, and technology to assist the animals in a better way. They also work on the culture and history of humans, planets, and oceans.
National Geographic Storytelling Fellowship
- Aside from Fulbright benefits such as travel, stipend, and fitness, storytellers will receive unique materials and reporting allowances.
- Further, the storytellers will get training from experts on the techniques of storytelling. It also includes effective video production, blog writing, public speaking, and other areas.
- In addition to their Fulbright grants, National Geographic Fellows receive mentoring from editors.
- Stories will appear on the National Geographic Field Notes blog throughout the grant period, as well as on National Geographic platforms.
Applicants must achieve the Fulbright Study/Research Grant criteria in the host country in order to be awarded the Fulbright Study/Research Grant.
The application process is open to all fields.
- Candidates with experience and talent in storytelling will be given preference.
- For the Fulbright award, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Fellowship applications may be made to any country in which a Fulbright Open Study/Research Award is active.
Eligible Regions: All Countries
How to Apply?
- Please submit all application materials, including transcripts and letters of recommendation, online by 10/12/2021 by 5 pm Eastern Time.
- Don’t Submit hardcopy.
- The following documents are with the Fulbright Study/Research Applicant application:
- Writing a Story Proposal
- Portfolio and Narrative for Storytelling
- Use the apply link to apply now.
Dates for the application deadline: December 8, 2021, and June 11, 2022 (142 days remaining).