BIOTEC is offering the postdoctoral fellowship program along with the research units for the time of 12 to 24 months. Postdoctoral Fellowships are available at BIOTEC and research affiliate units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months. These grants are given to scientists in developing countries (apart from Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced biotechnology research.
Those students who want to join the fellowship should avail themselves of the postdoctoral opportunity for biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics, and biosensors. Candidates must send their requests for a preliminary acceptance letter, well before the call opens as soon as possible. The request is valid for only letters of approval from the same year.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Benefits
The BIOTEC stipend will pay for living expenses, such as food and lodging.
Qualifications for this fellowship include:
- Identifying as a citizen of an emerging country (other than Thailand).
- A temporary or permanent visa for Thailand or any other developed country is not acceptable.
- Ph.D. in:
- Molecular Biology
- Molecular Genetics
- Molecular Immunology
- Medical Technology
- Cell Culture Technology
- You must meet the postdoctoral position requirements at BIOTEC and other research units.
- The fellowship must be applied for within THREE years of obtaining a Ph.D. in any of the natural sciences listed above.
- The applicant must not be older than 40 at the time of application. A person turning 40 on 15 June, for instance, should not submit his/her application later than 15 June.
- To work as a researcher or teacher at a research or teaching organization in their home country
- Obtain an acceptance letter from BIOTEC. The BIOTEC Research Support Division (firstname.lastname@example.org) will help you find a host supervisor. In their Acceptance Letter applications, applicants must include a curriculum vitae, a research proposal, a doctoral document, an overview of their thesis, a declaration of intention, and three letters of recommendation. The sample preliminary acceptance letter is available for download below or as an attachment to the application form.
- Proof of fluency in English should be offered if the medium of instruction was not English.
- Evidence that they will return to her/his home country after the fellowship is completed.
- During the fellowship, she/he should not undertake any other assignments.
- Financial responsibility for family members who accompany you.
Eligible Regions: Developing countries in the South.
- Applicants should have a BIOTEC Research Support Division acceptance letter to TWAS and BIOTEC at the time of application or within the time limit. It is not possible to select candidates without first receiving preliminary approval.
- The Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is exclusively accessible via the online portal.
- Please note that only one TWAS and OWSD program per calendar year is available for applicants. Applicants will not be able to visit another institution under the TWAS Visiting Professor programs during that year.
- A few exceptions: Institutions may apply to another TWAS Visiting Professor program if they invite a guest scholar to share their expertise.
- Lastly, you have to apply to the official website with the below apply now button.
Apply by July 30 (68 Days Remaining)